Now that April is here, spring festivals and events are popping up everywhere! In Philadelphia, some crowd favorites in spring activities will be making an appearance this week, which ones will you go to?
1. Meat Week at Percy Street Barbecue is a big promotion that offers delicious smoked meats at a major discount. Percy Street Barbecue charges $45 a couple to build their own special and tasty barbecue meal. Couples can choose 3 meats from pork belly, to brisket to ribs to chicken and more. The meat is served with collard greens, burnt end beans, cole slaw, potato salad and potato rolls, yum! You don’t want to pass up this great deal for amazing food! Meat week is happening from April 4th to 10th at Percy Street Barbecue, 900 South Street.
2. Attention all skaters, Philly Radness, an interactive pop up skatepark, is opening from today April 5th until May 22nd for everyone to skate along the projection-mapped, generative art sculpture. The sculpture will be complemented by a photo and video show created by Philadelphia-based skate videographer Chris Mulhern, to create a multimedia representation of skateboard culture in Philadelphia. Anyone can come watch and of course skate, if they you how. The exhibition is free and open to the public Tuesday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. An opening reception and skateboarding demonstration will be held on Thursday, April 7, from 5-7 p.m.
3. Nerd Nite at Frankford Hall is perfect if you’re looking for something educational to do. Tomorrow, Wednesday April 6th, local experts will talk about all kinds of interesting topics from superheroes to information about genetics from fruit flies. It’s just $5 per person and starts at 7:30 pm but is a very popular event, so doors open at 4 pm. Be sure to get there early and claim your spot at the show at Frankford Hall, 1210 Frankford Avenue.
4. Philly Wine Week is happening until Sunday April 10th will awesome events all throughout the city of Philadelphia such as a wine and cheese showcase at the Convention Center, a barbecue at American Sardine Bar, a 10th birthday celebration at Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro and a power lunch at Lacroix. Participate in all the locations and events you want with delicious food and wine!
5. Philadelphia Orchestra’s Free PopUP Concert is presenting family friendly music for everyone to enjoy on Thursday April 7th at 6:30 pm. Pre-show activities begin with an interactive Conduct Us event at 5:30 pm and you must register for tickets in order to enter. Tickets are now available as of 10 am this morning, so get them before they’re gone! Address: Kimmel Center, 300 South Broad Street, Philadelphia.
All of these events are near Judd Builders’ gorgeous community, Siena Place. Don’t miss out on all of the fun events that go on in Philadelphia all year long, especially the ones during the spring and summer in the beautiful weather!